Thursday, April 21, 2011

Follow Me!

At the start of the year, I read The Dream Manager. A fabulous read especially at the start of the year to get me motivated for the year ahead as well as life in general. The premise of the book is simple: dream. Write your dreams down. Divide them into short, medium, and long term. Prepare to accomplish. Accomplish. Move on to the next dream.

The author categorizes dreams into 12 areas (in no particular order): physical, emotional/relationship, intellectual, spiritual, psychological, material, professional, financial, creative, adventurous, legacy, and character. 

I have a multitude of dreams in each category that I have shared below. However, to accomplish one dream, I need your help. I have been working hard to create content on this blog that I hope is able to inspire, intrigue, provoke, and touch anyone who reads it. My dream is to create a niche and a following whether it be all things that women can relate to or a mixture of my personal adventures through life and the curveballs encountered along the way. So please, if you read, join me as a follower. The importance of making a difference in the lives of others and reaching a need that my readers have is what drives me to write daily.

Physical: join a tennis league, complete one major hike per year, play Torrey Pines Golf course, get a massage & facial regularly, get a chemical peel
Emotional/Relationship: plan an inspiring wedding, marry the man of my dreams, develop a life-giving plan, play a tennis tournament with my dad yearly, take yearly girls' trip with my mom & sisters, MIL & SIL, and my 5 best friends
Intellectual: read 12 books per year, become fluent in French
Spiritual: pray each morning, join a women's bible study, lead a couples' retreat, volunteer monthly
Psychological: release my fears and insecurities, give less weight to the negative thoughts in my mind
Material: decorate our condo, buy a home in the South Bay/Marin County, drive a Lambo, own a chateua in Geneva
Professional: sell $100k in group tickets for the BOWC, start an event planning business, begin a pareer with Ryan
Financial: pay off my credit card, start saving for a family, save for college funds, pay back the Thompsons for an unsettled debt
Creative: take a cooking class, begin scrapbooking, develop a blog niche/following, publish a book
Adventurous: go on an Alaskan cruise, visit all 50 states, travel to all 7continents, attend the 4 Grand Slams of tennis, go to the Olympics with our family, trips to Greece & New Zealand
Legacy: donate substantially to Parkinsons Disease, high level of involvement in ADPi
Character: leave this world thought of as loving and thoughtful


What's your dream?

No comments:

Post a Comment