Friday, February 4, 2011

Choose Love, Choose To Be Life-Giving

Being loving is often a choice. Sometimes I don't feel like TIVOing the UK basketball game so that we can watch it together when Ryan gets off of work.Often I am tired from a long day of working, wedding planning, and housewife chores (I suppose this gets even more frequent when kids come along) so the thought of making dinner or engaging in meaningful conversation is far from my mind. Many nights Ryan wants to sit on the couch and watch TV rather than listen to me blab about wedding details or office gossip. And I bet he isn't crazy about Chipotle each time I beg for him to take me there.

But if we didn't choose to be life-giving, then I am fairly certain we wouldn't still be together. Relationships are work, hard work. The movies make dating seem fun and carefree. Fun, yes. Carefree, not so much. We each have needs and wants that we hope our partners will help up fulfill. Ryan likes to be greeted at the door with a kiss & an I love you. I need snuggling and love letters. Neither of us always feel like greeting or snuggling, but we do it because it means so much to the other person.

We choose to be life-giving. I hope you do too!


Marriage Morality Worksheet




No comments:

Post a Comment