Thursday, August 19, 2010

'Tis the Season...For Babies

Back home in Kentucky, people are getting pregnant left and right. I am not sure what is in the water in those parts, but I have been advised to stay far, far away just in case. My sister attended a baby shower a month or so ago. She called me 4 times in a row. Please note that this never happens so I was frantic thinking something awful had happened. Not the case. She just wanted to share her shock with me: 4 women prego and announcing it at the shower for the first time. When you add those 4 with the 6 others that already have a little one, you start to see the pattern here.

As my friends and I are approaching (uh hum) 30, the season of weddings is slowly dwindling down while the season of babies is rapidly increasing...causing a serious state of anxiety for me. I am not engaged nor married so conceiving a child seems like an eternity away. My biological clock, however, is beginning to tick a little faster. I catch myself loathing over children (babies in particular), gawking at all things baby clothes/baby room, and avidly naming my unborn kiddos. Please do not judge me.





Just a few weeks ago, we threw a baby shower for Meissa. She will be the first of the California crew to give birth: an exciting yet eye-opening concept. Her soon-to-be daughter Anabelle Lee was showered with pink, pink, and more pink. We enjoyed a lovely afternoon of girl time and pregnancy talk. Hence making me even more anxious...





Can you guess which onesie I designed? Tough call, huh?!


2 comments:

  1. I want the "Don't Tocuh Me I Bite" onesy! So cute. There is something in the water at my work, too many pregnant women to count! Safe to say I bring my own bottled water ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're telling me... I will stick with bottled water ;)

    ReplyDelete