Tuesday, August 17, 2010

...Bouncing in the Club Where the Heat is On (Miami Part Dos)

As my time is coming to an end here in the Cuban-accented city of Miami, I am beginning to feel a sense of sadness. I have always felt overwhelmed with reluctancy when leaving a vacation spot, ever since I was a young pup. Travel could be considered my favorite hobby, and there is something so freeing about being out of your original routine and having the ability to daydream about who you are, where you live, and what you do while emerged in a crowd of strangers.

In adulthood, I still have the same type of feeling yet have learned to control the deepness of how it effects me. Despite this maturity and self-control, I find it the most difficult to leave Miami. In many ways, this place feels like home to me. I spent so much time growing and shaping my life here, and I never feel displaced when I return. I navigate my way from A to B as if I never even left.

Because this was an extended staycation, I was able to see a lot more and do a lot more than usual which I feel so blessed to have had the opportunity. From South Beach to Key Biscayne, we (my boo & I) saw and experienced so many things. Perhaps this has been the most remarkable trip as we were able to do it together.

Adios Miami...Te echo de menos!

No comments:

Post a Comment