Monday, July 26, 2010

Weekend Wonders

The weekend was spent doing a hodgepodge of things. The lack of structure in my weekend was somewhat refreshing, but I managed to be on the go for most of it. Never a dull moment in this girl's life, I assure you.

Friday night, rested and ready to go, I headed to The Huntley Hotel for some girl time. With 3 friends in town from Miami and San Diego, I knew it would be a comical night. We sat on the dinner side in a poshy lounge area. We giggled and toasted to friendship. We reminisced about stories from graduate school and my less-adult days in SD.

Saturday was a full day as I geared up for Recruitment (have no fear, I am not going back to college; just advising). I pledged Alpha Delta Pi for life, and I am pretty sure I continue to exemplify the for life part. After a productive meeting, I headed down to the OC to watch the nuptials between Jeanine & Graham. In summary, she was a gorgeous bride. I learned a few Scottish wedding traditions, I adore the idea of "A Sweet Bar" (well a sweet anything is good in my book), and I cannot wait to marry my best friend/the love of my life.

Sunday I spent the morning with my RCIA group as well as volunteering at the Berkeley West Assisted Living Facility. I enjoyed my experience immensely, and I felt it fitting for the upcoming anniversary of MC. Lazily, I decided to soak up the sun with Nik by the beach.

But the most exciting thing to happen this weekend was the return of my sweet ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment