Monday, June 7, 2010

Wine Down Weekend

What a weekend! With the future in-laws in town (yes I know that I am not engaged but I believe in wishful thinking), we planned as much as possible into 2 1/2 days. We were non-stop from Friday afternoon until Sunday night. Miraculously, we stayed on schedule and managed to get enough sleep to bring tremendous energy to all of our activities.

Friday was kicked off with a glass of wine, delicious homemade brownies (by me ;) ), and catching up with Ry's parents. Then we met him for dinner at Pitfire, our new local spot. We dined on woodfire pizza, paninis, and salad. To work some of the calories off, we strolled down Abbott Kinney to see the freaks, I mean sights, of Venice beach.

Saturday began with a solid 9 mile hike around Fish Canyon with blazing sun courtesy of being in the valley. The views were breathtaking though, and we worked up quite a sweat. If I had brought my swimsuit, I would have been dipping into the creek for sure. We enjoyed some KY-like outings post hike including a visit to the local Walmart and McD's for lunch. Yummy! Showering up, we drove down to Carson to cheer on the LA Galaxy to another "W" (still undefeated might I add). We threw back a few brews and banged our Super Mario Galaxy 2 glow-in-the-dark thunder sticks. The night wouldn't have been complete without indulging in Chipotle and Yogurtland.

Thanks to my RCIA class, we rose early for church at 7:30am. After a great service and message, we stopped for breakfast at Huckleberry. If you live in the area, it is a must. One of Santa Monica's newest gems. With our bellies full, we cruised the coast to Santa Barbara where we tasted all day. First stop, our favorite, Lincourt followed by a picnic lunch with Panino's at Foley. As if we hadn't been glutonness enough, we rounded out the weekend with In N' Out.

Such an amazing weekend with great company, conversation, and culture. If it was possible, I'd put the weekend on permanent repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment