Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A Lil' R & B

On our recent trip to Santa Barbara, Mr. T was admiring my collection of musical CD's stashed away in my side, passenger door. Sitting in the backseat, I must admit that I was a bit nervous about the selection that he pulled at first. I have a variety of music, and I mean a wide variety. The odds of him pulling out a 50 Cent or 2Pac CD seemed highly likely. Not the image I am going for here, ya know.

Luckily, my collection in the noted spot was mild: Gavin DeGraw, Kings of Leon, Josh Hoge, and (a hidden gem) JK's 2005 Mix Volume 1.

Out of sheer curiousty and a bit of boredom with my currently overplayed musical selections, I popped that bad boy in on my way to work Monday.

Boom! Rejuvenated. This mixed CD has some sick throwbacks. I am talking Keith Sweat, D'Angelo, Mary J. Blige, John Legend, and Aaliyah to name a few. And I have been jamming to their tunes all week.

My favorite pick, to be put on repeat: Lady by D'Angelo

No comments:

Post a Comment