Tuesday, April 6, 2010

With Words...

Over the past few weeks, I have been reading blogs of friends across the country. The topics are vast and entertaining to say the least. Many of my friends began blogs to journal about their newlywed adventures, baby bumps, and hobbies/interests.

I remember when blogging began not too long ago. A one, Austin Stair Calhoun, took the plunge ever so deeply. I was always so amazed by her tenacity and dedication to the project. Her overwhelming wit, attention to artistic detail, hodgepodge of interests, and astounishing ability to stalk any and all things made for daily enlightenment.

In my tenure, I have had 3 blogs. She helped me create my first one. I deligently wrote for about 3 months. The second was created and never used. Hence, here is my 3rd. I had a fabulous run on it for a good 4 months until I retired from 'kidding around' and became employed in 'the adult world.'

The truth is that I miss writing. I have a dying need to be busy, active, in touch. I have BIG dreams of entreprenurial activities; of impacting the world; of doing something with my life.

Perhaps that is as simple as touching people's lives with my words.

My goal is to finish my book by year's end. By finish, I mean printed, bound, sold. (Sold is a loose term as I am willing to produce myself and sell on amazon.com). I am becoming more and more aware that for this to be possible, I must make time for writing. I must take time to focus on myself. To focus on my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment