Thursday, April 8, 2010

Outside My Window...



There is something serene about being in a place other than your normal residence. Being out in the open, exposed to a new atmosphere, a new culture. I have always welcomed traveling, even if only for a night or two. Our world is large in size with something to be learned from each individual country, state, city, and town.


On this Thursday afternoon, I find myself delighting in the homey feel of Half Moon Bay. A small town just south of San Francisco where the bay breeze rocks 100's of sailboats and scents of seafood dance in the air. My dainty hotel, think nautical meets Key West with a hint of southern comfort, has a breathtaking view of the marina. The room is well decorated with french-like accents and modern art.

As I sit on the patio, I can touch the gorgeous pink rose bushes at my feet. The white picket fence surrounding the hotel is a symbol of safety in this beachy neighborhood. A symbol of how people, of how life can be so romantic and beautiful if you just take a minute to stop and appreciate it.

Anytime you are away from home, it is a vacation.


No comments:

Post a Comment