Friday, April 2, 2010

The Resurrection of Jesus

As Easter is approaching, I am feeling a bit overwhelmed at the thought of hosting 17 people in my one-bedroom apartment. For the 3rd year in a row, I will play hostess to a monumental holiday in the lives of all Christians. I favor hosting this holiday because it is one that rededicates me to my faith time and time again.

In concept, it is miraculous. God gave his only son so that we might be forgiven and have eternal life. I do not have children, but I am most certain that I will not be sacrificing them for anyone.

Throughout my RCIA classes, we have been learning so much about Catholicsm, and as we dive into the season of Lent, I find myself being moved to recommit myself to Christ. I am not a saint, but I find solitude in walking with the Lord daily. I have found peace in life, knowing that Jesus has saved me in a sense.

My Easter wish for everyone is that they might find that same peace and comfort in their own lives. Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment