Wednesday, April 28, 2010

WE'RE ENGAGED!

For those of you who read this (which I reckon isn't many) and who's hearts just skipped a beat...

I must confess that I have waited 2 long weeks to play this joyous prank on you. April Fools came almost a month late for this little trickster, but I can guarantee I got a few of you! Ha!


In all fairness, the title of this blog post is not totally false. We, being Amanda & Shane, are engaged. My little brother is growing up. Tear.

Back in August, I had the pleasure of accompanying him to purchase the ever so unique setting. It was a feeling of great honor to be a part of such a big spending so to speak. And then about 2 weeks ago when I was casually speaking with him on the phone, I oddly asked, "do you think you and Amanda will get engaged this year?" I was expecting a yes probably in the fall/winter. I was not expecting an alarming "did you talk to mom?" response (**this basically meant that an engagement was about to go down stat if mom knew what was up).


I got so excited that I nearly wrecked making my turn into work. I kept inquiring about the purchase of the lone diamond and the details of how. He told me to 'slow my roll' and that we would discuss options soon.



I don't know how to convey the importance to me of being involved in my brother's decision process of becoming a man. There is something so sweet about being the oldest and getting to be the first to know. To know that my younger siblings value my opinion and look to me for guidance is an amazing feeling.




So low and behold, we will be adding a new sister into our family. Congrats to Amanda & Shane. I love you both!

2 comments:

  1. i almost hung up on a customer when i read the title! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha yes! i have been dying to post this :)

    ReplyDelete