Friday, April 30, 2010

Oh Friday How I Have Missed You

This has been one long week. Work has been crushing me and my personal schedule has been bullying me. After my rant on this weekend's hike, I vowed to go back to my San Diego fantasy life as best I could (i.e. playing tennis, hitting the links, woosa with yoga, etc). Well I successfully attempted tennis and golf, but my performance was less than par as I am a bit rusty. I still need to figure out a suitable studio location for my yoga antics. But I am happy to report that I have been true to my hiking regimen thus far.

Despite my plummeting energy levels, I have even found time to complete a few French workbook lessons, write a chapter or two in the ole' manuscript, and attend our Amgen Tour of California volunteer orientation. Ha to Ryan who told me that my life pre-LA was not the real world. I will be damned if I don't partake in my activities to maintain my sanity and health...even if it eventually kills me!

Work is a whole other story. You can definitely tell that summer is approaching and our National Team events are kicking off because everyone is on edge and snapping left and right. My recent task of planning the Team USA Member Tailgates has been exciting yet time consuming. And with the addition of the rumor that the club affiliation deadline is May 1st, my phone has yet to stop ringing (don't mind the water polo lingo here).

Perhaps my favorite activity thus far this week has been my sweet treats. A surprise visit late Wednesday night by my love dove with a Sprinkles' bag in hand. An hour and a half indulgence at Yogurtland with Nikki last evening.

No matter how exhausted or lethargic I might feel at times, I like to make my loved ones a priority. Because when I look back at my life and when it is all said and done, I will remember the memories made and not the hours of sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment