Friday, April 9, 2010

Leading the Way to Healthy Eating...

I can't sleep. I am exhausted, but I am haunted by the same anxiety that I've been fighting for months now. And it is increasingly getting worse. So I decided to do what I do best when I can't sleep...write.


As I mentioned yesterday, I am up in Half Moon Bay for a work conference. I sat through 8 hours of meetings with the Produce for Better Health Foundation today. I have managed to learn nearly every fruit and veggie, categorized by color and alphabetical order. I know more about Gen X & Gen Y moms as well as their buying trends, feelings about being responsible for family meals, and thoughts on fruits & veggies. I have an inside peak at a few PSA's that will be launched this year in an effort to continue to highlight the message "Fruits and Veggies. More Matters."


Truth be told, I was not looking forward to this trip. Anything that cuts into my weekend (also known as Ryan time) puts a real damper on my mood. Additionally HMB is rather romantic so to be spending it with a female colleague rather than the manfriend is quite a drag.


I must say that I have been pleasantly surprised by the whole experience. The scenery and atmosphere is gorgeous. And I've had some scrumptious seafood meals courtesy of USA Water Polo. Most importantly, I was thoroughly educated about the importance of 13 servings daily of fruits & veggies. I even managed to snag some easy, healthy recipes too!


I am so on the F&V bandwagon!

No comments:

Post a Comment