Sunday, April 25, 2010

First. Finest. Forever.

It is no secret that Alpha Delta Pi is close to my heart. The first move I make when moving to a new city is to scout out the local alumnae association. Immediately, I become involved.

I guess it was destined to be really. When your mascot is the lion (the most fierce animal of the kingdom) and your symbol is the diamond (a girl's best friend), how can I not love you?

Truth be told, my favorite part of my sorority is the bond of friendship that surfaces, forms, and maintains throughout life. My 5 best friends are ADPis. The women that I share many common aspirations and dreams with are ADPis. In the past month, I have randomly met quite a few of my fellow sisters.
One of my favorite days of the year is Founders' Day. A day of community and celebration when sisters of all ages, pledge classes, and chapters get together to celebrate the women who founded this wonderful sorority. Today, we celebrated Alpha Chi's (UCLA) 85th anniversary of existence. To my amazement, we had attendees from the 1940's to the 2000's. Wow! The stories that were told.

There is nothing like celebrating friendship, love, and tradition on a Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment