Monday, November 9, 2009

Once an Alpha, Always a Pi

In a conversation I had this morning, I was reminded of my dedication to Alpha Delta Pi. And the question of loyalty was posed as a 'why are you still connected and how is this strong commitment developed?'

I wasn't quite sure how to answer the question exactly. I mean I have loved ADPi since the first day of rush back in 2001. It is where I met my 5 best friends. It is where I became an avid eater of strawberry ice cream mixed with oreos. It is where I gathered and shared my ideas. It is where I began my joy for planning events.

And as I have grown older and moved across the country, the first thing I look for (pre-move) is the ADPi Alumnae Association. I have repeatedly become a part of the group in a very involved manner. Everything from serving on the board to being an advisor.

When forced to think about it, I guess my loyalty developed to the strong women who I have encountered in this tremendous organization. And I have learned so much about myself through them...which is why we live for each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment