Friday, November 6, 2009

If You Could Do Anything...

Our prayer group met today (usually we meet mid-week) because we thought a two week void was not going to be feasible for us women. So we decided to keep it light and have a 'fun' topic.

Shannon chose to pose the question: "if you had no constraints (husband, kids, financial), what would your dream for yourself be?"

The majority of the group's dreams included traveling of some sort or interaction with various cultures. We laughed at the prospect of 'getting out' into the world and escaping our current surroundings. But the truth of the matter is that we all were/are longing to stimulate our intellectual side. We each have a yearning to learn more, interact with others, and contribute to the world.

I found myself surrounded by a group of extraordinary women (not that I wasn't already aware of this) who bring so much depth and growth to my life. And for that, I feel truly blessed to be apart of such a gathering.

To be enriched by a wiser woman (women in this case) is one of the greatest gifts a female can earn. I often seap the rewards of their life lessons to me week after week as I begin to live my life by their example. Each woman in the group brings a strength but innocence that allows me to expand my knowledge for Christianity and everyday life.

And in return, I hope to somehow, someday be able to contribute to their lives as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment