Monday, November 16, 2009

The Last of the To-Do's

As I am realizing my actual time left in San Diego to enjoy the variety of forms of entertainment that reside here, I find myself a bit crunched for time. I have always been pretty simple when it comes to day-to-day living. I take note of the gorgeous surroundings as they take my breath away daily. However, I am not as diligent in taking in all of the activities which bless me. Each time I move, I find that there is a list of 'to do's' that I frantically start trying to complete before my new adventure starts.

Again, as I packed up a few boxes last evening, I was reminded of my burning need to check a few things off the old SD list. The majority of the things have been completed (due in part to having a large group of friends who all moved here from other places thus making our wants relatively the same). I have wine tasted in Temecula. I bought a beach cruiser. I have been to Kate Session numerous times to sip wine, watch the pups play, and partake in girl chat. Shoreclub sunsets have been a regular. My explorations have included PB, MB, OB, downtown, Pt. Loma, and LJ. The only turf left to be seen is Old Town (item #1).

In relation to activities, I was fascinated by the concept of Sarah's Smash Shack when I first moved here. A place to release your anger and frustration by throwing objects at glass walls. Genious. Yet I never made it (item #2).

Now to the good stuff, FOOD! Extraordinary desserts is much like having an orgasm or so I have heard. The rave of this gourmet establishment is enough to make you splurge all 2,000 daily calories on one slice of goodie (item #3).

In the meantime, I will continue to indulge in the things I have been since day one...beach cruiser rides, dog walks, yogurtland (frequently), sushi on Garnet, the club/Shoreclub/homeplate, and the Rock church. And let's not forget the amazing friendships that I have formed and hope to continue in this next chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment