Friday, November 13, 2009

All Good Things Must Come To An End

A little over a year ago, I was a lost soul who's heart had been severely broken and self-worth had taken a pretty bad beating. Piece by piece, I was trying to put the puzzle of life and love back together. And then God sent me to the Rhodes family.

In the year+ that I have spent with them, I have been reminded of life's little joys. I have been encouraged to dream big. I have learned to appreciate my talents, and my self worth was rejuventated. They have truly helped pilot the healing of my heart and soul.

As I begin the next chapter of my life, I am leaving them in physical body which is no easy task. A family away from home is how they have treated me. But my spirit will never leave them. I can't imagine not thinking about them for one single day. Whether it is wondering how Liz's book is coming along or monitoring Mark's tennis ranking as he climbs the ladders. I will no doubt miss Bennett's witty remarks that make me burst out in laughter. And David's words of advice on career and love will resonate in my mind for years to come.

I am a better person for having met them. There is no words for how valuable this job has been for me. To touch the lives of children is a surreal and powerful accomplishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment