Thursday, November 12, 2009

Un Sentiment d'Accomplissement

My focus this week has been on creating a more centered mind, body, and soul. I have diligently tried to fully engage each part of my tri-fecta being with daily tasks of stimulation. For the body, I have continued my two-day morning running and tennis regime as well as spending an hour strengthening my back and core with yoga practices. To nourish my mind, I have made a valiant effort to read, write, and study French for at least an hour each day. As for my soul, I have used exercise, prayer, and meditation to seek inside myself for inner peace.

Currently, I am on Day 4 of this so-called plan. My body aches in muscles that I was unaware existed. My mind is tired by 6pm and turns to mush, much like Cinderella's glass slipper at midnight. It is a good thing I decided to build nap-time into my daily routine.

But my soul...oh my soul feels such a deeper peace and joy within. Perhaps it is my maturity in age and life experiences that allows this. Or maybe it is the result of my yearly dedication to restoring my life one day at a time. Either way, I welcome it with open arms.

When I look back at my 2009 goals, I see so many of them accomplished thus far. There have not been many moments in my life when I truly took a step back and relished in my accomplishments. I have always held myself to a high standard of near perfection, generally being disappointed or feeling failed by my own standards.

But just for a moment, I am going to savor this feeling of accomplishment. I am going to lightly pat myself on the back and whisper a 'good job' followed by a 'you did it.'

No comments:

Post a Comment