Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Love is Patient...

There are a variety of passages in the Bible discussing the basis of the relationship that God wishes us to have with Him. At the route of all, remains the constant that He wants us to know we are loved by Him. In John 3:16, we learn that God loved the world so much He gave his only son, Jesus, to and for us.

As we discussed the ways to display love in our lives at my prayer group this morning, I was reminded of all the ways I may or may not properly convey my love. Shannon suggested that we reach out to the people we love most by reminding them of how important they are to us. I did as told.

Then we were to think of one person in our life that we have difficulty loving. This wasn't a hard one for me given the month(s) long tension between our friendship. My assignment is to work on loving this person better. I am counting on the Heavenly Father to guide me through this homework.

In the meantime, I am also going to work on loving my house. While I thank my lucky stars that I have a home, I often become frustrated with the annoying moths that migrate in my kitchen as well as the webbing spiders who reside in my laundry den. And don't even get me started on the giant rat (not a real one but a replica) that bunks here.

No comments:

Post a Comment