Friday, September 11, 2009

Where Sunsets are Served Daily

Braving the Thursday night college crowd, I ventured out into PB last night. I repeated to myself that it was for the sake of the NFL's fall return; secretly, I had the itch for a few casual cocktails at the old spot. So to Homeplate I went.

As I crept up the backstairs (which has not been done in 2 months and usually the front entrance has a line around the block), it felt awkward to be there. Normally our obnoxious crew is visible but Garz & Joe virtually blended into the bar. I walked from north side to south side (for the south side, head to Mexico FYI) looking for them. They thoroughly enjoyed this game as they toyed with me via text.

Though I hadn't been there in awhile, the staff looked extremely familiar...a comforting sign that things hadn't changed too much. The awful DJ that we have petitioned to have 'let-go' was still ruining songs left and right. I ran into some random people who I hadn't seen since my lag in the PB night scene. Homeplate was surprisingly not filled to its maximum capacity even with their $3-you-call-it special.

All signs pointed to me that summer thus has come to an end. People will now begin to retreat to their respective adult lives (haha that is so funny to say about PB). But it was good to get out and see a glimpse of the good times.

Hurry home fellas...Shoreclub's sales are down!

No comments:

Post a Comment