Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I'll Never Let Go

As I brainstormed last night on what to blog about today, my initial thought was to give a little shout out to my bff Kimmie Keebler and explain to the world how it is nearly impossible to stump her. She knows the answers and logic to a wide range of questions. Her most recently noted answer to my poundering question (how do girls manage to pee on the seat?) was profound.

But when I woke up, my thoughts leaned towards the euphoric dream which I had dreamt in the night. My intentions were set to speak of this very real yet subconscious scenario to which I awoke. However, as my morning has progressed, I can't help but express the immense emotions that I felt watching the interaction between parent and child today.

I have always known there to be an enlighting relationship between parent and child. Noteably there is a distinct relation between father and son. I have watched it for years between my own father and brother, and in the most recent of times, I have come to be ingauged in the relationship between my boss and his two sons.

And as I watched him with the two boys in their final hours together before he moves to the Middle East, I could not help but be taken aback and relish in the moment. The oldest playing the piano with such ease and grace as his father requests Minuet by Bach. He happily obliges and pours his soul into the piece.

The younger, nearly broke my heart with his last display of affection. When Rose whispers to Jack (Titanic) "I'll never let go," it seems rather cliche. Yet when the sweet young child held onto his father tightly in a bear-like hug and announced "I'll never let go," I couldn't help but see the beauty.

The art of parenting. The love in a child's words.

No comments:

Post a Comment