Wednesday, September 2, 2009

California: We Keep It Rockin'


8th grade. The anchorwoman spoke, "Too Pack Shocker died today." Um excuse me Miss but it is Tupac Shakur, and he is a rap legend. The least you could do is pronounce his name correctly.


I mostly accredit the rapper for my slight obsession with the state of Cali, particularly the city of Los Angeles.


California Love and To Live & Die in L.A. have been two of my favorite songs since I was a little gangsta' back in the day. Without fail, each time I hear those songs, I roll down my windows, blare the radio and throw out the peace sign. Sometimes I even throw a little 'west coast' (much to Marquette's dismay as she favors the 'east' ).


Something in his jumbled words paints a picture of giant palm trees swaying next to the Pacific, the hills of Beverely, and that ever indisguisable Hollywood sign. And it never gets old.


As I drove along the PCH from Diego to L.A. yesterday, I was taken back to my gangsta' days and ways. Forced to roll down the windows and pour some out for my man 2PAC.


To live and die in LA, it's the place to be

You've got to be there to know it, what everybody wanna see




No comments:

Post a Comment