Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Any Colour...So Long As It's Black


So I rolled into the car dealership prepared to sit for a few hours and get some work done. My car, which I have been cursing for some time now, is having some type of malfunction problem. I rarely pay attention to the technical words that the service people use. To be honest, I don't quite get them nor do I care to understand. Please just fix my car, tell me it will be free, and send me on my merry way.

Well, things didn't exactly go as planned. I was able to get a little work done (whit 1, dealership 0). However, I am now sporting a sweet little Ford Focus (whit 1, dealership 1). As Witt, I know adorable, Lincoln Mercury whisked my car away, they also evened the score. I am not a fan of rental cars for numerous reasons. See below for a few of them.

1. It requires me to take all of the neatly and strategically placed things out of my car and reposition them in this new, foreign vehicle.
2. Since rentals are NEVER the same make/model as your current car, I have to adjust to the new surroundings. Most important for me, I have to figure out how to turn the air on/off as well as maneuver the steering wheel. This can be very tricky.
3. While I have been anxiously awaiting my new Nissan Rogue, I have been despising my baby Mariner; but with the Ford Focus in the mix, I would gladly love and cherish the Mariner for years. Mariner > Focus. Plain and simple.

I am praying to the car gods that my car is ready by tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment