Tuesday, March 5, 2019

A New Bag of Tricks: Cheers to 36!


36 seems frightening in so many ways. It is on the other side of your 30s...like the side that is closer to 40. And I don't feel close to 40. Hell I don't feel 36 most of the time ;)

Life is all about ebbs and flows. As a kid, you think once you are older that you will have it all figured out. Once you are older, you realize that you will never really have it all figured out. Perhaps that is the beauty & curse of aging. A right of passage that you yearn to gain yet learn that the right is not exactly what you thought it would/should be.

In this year, I am working to see the beauty and truth and grace in that part of life.

 





I spent the last days of 35 with my sweet family in Keystone, CO. It was such a wonderful family trip that I almost forgot I was aging. My actual DOB was spent at home with a day off of school and celebrating the great Presidents of the USA. I actually had a quiet morning to reflect while the kids adjusted back to KY time. A light workout followed by a nap was refreshing after a long day of travel. Then I was able to take Adelaide & Aspen to tennis and watch their progress. I love that they love my passion...something wonderful for us to always share. One of my high school players stuck around to chat which made the day more special. I felt the excitement of the season begin to brew (as tryouts were 2 days later) and remembered that with age comes wisdom. We celebrated that evening with a delicious pajamas & cookie cake party at home!








 

A few weeks later we had an adults-only dinner at Grassa Gramma with my family. It is rare that we get to converse uninterrupted due to the 12 little munchkins running around so I always enjoy that time with my parents & siblings. We had the ultimate dining experience, Italian style, from the appetizers through dessert. Our conversations were typical Collins fashion...hysterical in every way. 

I love the picture below of my sister Kendahl & I. It depicts how the night went and how I always hope our family celebrates~ with love & laughter. At 36, I am learning that family is who you make it. That love is an action not a word. That life is meant to be lived with those who bring you joy.


No comments:

Post a Comment