Monday, December 10, 2018

The Thompson Christmas Bucket List: Drink Egg Nog by the Fire

Ever since I was a baby, my parents sent out family Christmas cards. My siblings & I love to look back on the hairdos and wardrobes of the past. To see us evolve as individuals and as a family is one of the things we get a kick out of. 

As I became an adult, I began to send my own Christmas cards. I love to think up themes and ideas to express our family and all that we have going on during that holiday season. I have had a variety of cards over the years including Beaumont on a boat, Ryan & I on our honeymoon, and loads of fun stuff with the kids!

One of my favorite things in general is receiving "fun" mail. So it is no surprise that I absolutely adore getting everyone's Christmas cards in the mail. They hang in our kitchen for all to see with the sweet little red mitten clips. At the end of the year, I keep them and add to my cards of the past collection. Adelaide has taken a fascination with the mail so this year she is enjoying getting the cards opening them, and finding the perfect spot for them to hang!

Master Bedroom "bar cart"

I also love a nice cup of egg nog by the fire. There is something warm & toasty about enjoying this special drink with the actual warmth from the fireplace. My quiet reflection time during Christmas mostly comes in the evenings once the kids are asleep and the stillness of the house begins. In the past few years, I have begun combining Christmas card addressing with a nice cup of egg nog and a soothing fire. By the light of our master bedroom tree, I remember the fun family photos from my childhood all the way through today with such fondness.







This year I decided to add something new. I picked up a bottle of Bailey's Classic Holiday Irish Creme to enhance my egg nog (usually I drink the non-alcoholic). It was a cooler evening and the apres dessert drink was the perfect addition to this little holiday tradition!

No comments:

Post a Comment