Monday, December 17, 2018

The Thompson Christmas Bucket List: Wrap Christmas Gifts






Gift wrapping gives me such joy. It started when I was a kid; as the oldest of four, I got to help my mom wrap gifts for my sisters & brother. I loved being able to share in the magic of their surprise presents that would be placed under the tree.

As our family has expanded, we stopped buying for siblings and nieces & nephews so my gift wrapping opportunities became smaller. Until of course the kids began school ;) I am a giver by nature and Christmas giving is my jam. So I have enjoyed wrapping throughout the season in several different ways.





For the kids' classes, we gifted each student a book. For Salem's class, they received Santa's Little Workshop. Brighton's class received The Littlest Elf while Aspen's Bear class got The Bernstein Bears and The Joy of Giving. Adelaide's class was gifted The Christmas Story.  I loved wrapping the gifts in Santa-themed paper while the older kids signed the gift tags. They felt so big assisting in the gift wrapping process!






Teacher gifts are always fun because it allows us to thank them for the wonderful role they have in our children's lives. This year I did a little play on winter with the classic Christmas tree bags, holiday mugs, peppermint bark (from my friend Tara's company Aubrey's Candy), and my traditional poppyseed bread. Packaging these were easy peasy but cute nonetheless.














And of course I spent an evening by the tree wrapping family gifts. Each person has their own special paper that reveals magic on Christmas day! Lets just hope that the kids don't mistake themselves for elves this year and open them early again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment