Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Moana: A Movie Review





I am not sure who was more excited to see this movie...Adelaide or myself. I marked it on the calendar to see the day after Thanksgiving. If you have seen the trailer {above}, then you know that it is in-line with giving thanks and having gratitude for all that we have. So I felt it was fitting to see during the holiday season. While Ryan and I were away on our anniversary trip, I left the kids a few treats "Moana themed." The book & Moana doll for Adelaide. Maui for Aspen. The Coconut Bandits for Brighton. Adelaide has been obsessed with the book and the story of Moana so on the day we were set to see the movie, she could hardly wait to get to the theater.

From the moment the film started, we were both eyes wide open with awe & amazement. The animation is perfection. The soundtrack is one of the best, rivaling Frozen {in my opinion}. The plot and characters are unique & different from those of other Disney films. But it is in the life lesson that this movie speaks to your heart. A call to follow your heart and be who the voice inside you calls you to be. Plus it is a young girl/woman who is leading the charge in truly being herself.



My favorite song from the film is "How Far I'll Go" which fully captures the essence of Moana's struggle and need to follow her inner voice. It spoke so strongly to me and the struggle I often feel as being a "perfect" mom based on societies standards versus maintaining who I am & being strong for my children. I also feel like Adelaide is a mini Moana. She is fierce and pushes the envelope, yet I truly believe she is destined to be someone great as she follows her heart. Her & I couldn't even get out of the theater before downloading the soundtrack and playing it on repeat...belting our hearts out!







Dream BIG my little Moana girl and reach for the stars!

If you have not seen this movie, please do yourself a favor and check it out. You won't be disappointed with the wit, charm, and dreams it has to offer!

No comments:

Post a Comment