Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Adelaide Jane: 4 Years

Dearest Adelaide,

I want to start this letter by telling you how proud that I am of you. You have handled this change with ease and grace. You have been the biggest helper to mommy through so many things recently. You have been helpful with your brothers, keeping Brighton out of things he shouldn't be into and cheering on Aspen as he pees & poops on the potty. You have hugged me and wiped my tears throughout this miscarriage process. You have been a comfort in such a trying time for mommy and I will never be able to repay you for what it means to me. You are my best girl. Your heart is just so compassionate and your ability to love is well beyond your years.

You have been swimming up a storm this summer and have foregone floaties. You love to swim from one end of the other, dive in, wear your goggles, and float on the rafts. You enjoy every minute spent with your cousins and the pure joy of these memories makes my heart smile.

In so many ways you continue to mature. Your manners are something that I continue to be proud of. Your temper tantrums are fewer and far between meaning we have come a long way! You are so independent in all that you do truly. You can even operate Mimi & Papa's TV and DVD player!


Your imaginary play is such a fun thing to watch. You play with dolls, cars, puzzles, stuffed animals, and more. You play house with your cousins. You pretend call me on the phone and when I answer in real life you like to say "no mom, I am calling you on the phone."







One of your favorite things is to visit Uncle Shane and Aunt Amanda's farm. You love to pet the cats, feed the horses, ride the pony, and help with the chores. I love that you love animals, the outdoors, and God's creations.

When I look at you, I can hardly believe that you were born four years ago. August 30, 2012 seems like yesterday and a lifetime ago all at the same time. I think about all of your milestones and your progress. I think about all of the tough moments where neither of us knew what we were doing. I think about what a miracle you truly are. I think about the privilege God gave me to be your mom. I count the ways we are alike. The attributes I see in you that I had at your age. I pray that the world never breaks your beautiful spirit. I hope that the world never changes your outlook on life and all that it has to offer.

I am so excited for what the future holds for you. For us as mother and daughter. I know it is bright and filled with much love and laughter. Thank you for being you. Thank you for brightening my life. Today and always.

I love you!

Love,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment