Monday, April 6, 2015

The Silent Wife: A Book Review

Reading is my thing. And I have missed reading since having Aspen. Trying to juggle two kids, a husband, a dog, a home, and maintain sleep has left reading to be on the outskirts. So I was pumped to open my letter and get to force myself to read not one but TWO books this month :)



I immediately browsed the aisles at Target the same day to grab something and get reading. The first book, The Silent Wife, was amazing. As in I was up late, late, late reading it many nights in a row because I could not help myself. That is always a tall tell sign of great writing I think!

Here is the excerpt from the back (which is what caught my attention to buy it):

Jodi and Todd are at a bad place in their marriage. Much is at stake, including the affluent life they lead in their beautiful waterfront condo in Chicago, as she, the killer, and he, the victim, rush haplessly toward the main event. He is a committed cheater. She lives and breathes denial. He exists in dual worlds. She likes to settle scores. He decides to play for keeps. She has nothing left to lose. Told in alternating voices, The Silent Wife is about a marriage in the throes of dissolution, a couple headed for catastrophe, concessions that can't be made, and promises that won't be kept.

I promise that you will not be disappointed with this read. The author, A.S.A. Harrison, had me wrapped around this twisted tale from page one to page three-hundred-twenty-six.

To purchase a copy, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment