Friday, March 20, 2015

Life Letters (February): Cooking (Part Five)

For four weeks I have cooked 4 meals for dinner. I am proud of myself for sticking with it. For trying all new recipes. Some that I felt would be easy. Some that I felt would be difficult.




To be honest, when I first read the cooking letter I felt a bit overwhelmed. Mid-February to Mid-March was a busy time for us. Ryan traveling a lot. The kids & I traveling. Already a few activities planned and marked on the calendar. I wasn't sure how I was going to cook dinner more often than I normally do. Plus come up with a four course meal for Ryan and I. Plus make a new ethnic dish which is totally out of my comfort zone. But I did it! All of it!






daily reminder!


I sat down and wrote out all the nights I would be making dinner. Then I researched recipes and noted what I would make on what night. Twice a week I made a grocery list and bought groceries for the upcoming meals. Planning is key in my world and it helped make the tasks seem less overwhelming!

Most of my new recipes came from Pinterest but a few came from my Kitchen Diva cookbook that I absolutely love. (I have provided pictures and links where I can for your future reference if any of these tickle your fancy!)

Sweet Potato, Kale, & Shrimp Skillet








Chicken & Spinach Pasta Bake with Mozzarella, Avocado, & Tomato Salad










Breakfast for Dinner: Eggs Benedict Casserole













Stuffed Green Peppers










Cranberry-Pear Salad with Salmon




Pan-Roasted Chicken with Lemon-Garlic Green Beans & Potatoes



so little clean up which was incredibly nice 

juicy, tender chicken with deliciously lemon coated green beans & potatoes


Spinach Tortellini Soup





Spinach, Avocado & Goat Cheese Grilled Cheese 





Caprese Grilled Chicken 





Baked Spanish Tortilla






Easy Chicken Pot Pie*






BBQ Shrimp*




Apple Pork Tenderloin*




Irish Beef Stew with Mashed Potatoes





Crab Quiche*



No comments:

Post a Comment