Monday, November 3, 2014

Give Thanks: Decorate Festively for Thanksgiving

It is no secret that I love decorating. If you don't believe me, take a peek into my "holiday" closet. Yep that is about a thousand color coordinated bins with holiday decor. From Valentine's Day to Fourth of July to Christmas and every holiday in between. What can I say, I am a sucker for glittery fun especially from Pier One?!

















I also believe in maximizing holiday decor for each holiday. So as soon as the last trick-or-treater rang our doorbell, I was shuffling the spooky Halloween decor away and placing turkeys & pilgrims all over the house.





Each year I usually add a few new pieces to my collection. Snagging sale items post holiday or random finds at Hobby Lobby. This year I recalled a great Pinterest post about painting fake pumpkins with chalkboard paint. The post showed a Thanksgiving recipe chalked on. I thought I could recreate but use  them to show what I/we are thankful for this year. The plan is to rotate each day and add something new that we count as a blessing.

I hope that your house is looking festive and bringing lots of thanks to your family!

No comments:

Post a Comment