Thursday, July 3, 2014

Mary Poppins: A Play Review

Sunday night Ryan & I had our first date night in New York since Aspen was born. Sundays are usually our veg day but since we are heading to KY for 3 1/2 weeks soon, I wanted to get some alone time with the hubs!

I had been dying to see Mary Poppins ever since we went to see Saving Mr. Banks in December. The Westchester Theater is a local must-do and just happened to be showing Mary Poppins. Win-win! It is much like the Derby Dinner Playhouse in Louisville so you have dinner and then watch the show in an intimate setting.

We got all dolled up... as in I wore a dress and make-up. Big deal around here folks! We enjoyed a delicious three-course meal and a few adult beverages. And the show was absolutely amazing. I loved Mary Poppins as a child and I love it even more now as an adult. The cast, costumes, music, & dancing were just perfect.









Next up is the Wizard of Oz...Ryan is Dorothy!



I am so glad we got to enjoy a nice date night out! If you are in the area, I highly recommend going to see this production!

No comments:

Post a Comment