Thursday, April 3, 2014

Station Nine: Jesus Falls a Third Time


Jesus, your journey has been long. You fall again, beneath your cross. You know your journey is coming to an end. You struggle and struggle. You get up and keep going.


My uncle has struggle with addiction since he was 18 years old. He has been in and out of jail as well as the streets of California for almost my entire life. But he has also gone for years being completely sober. He falls often. He struggles daily. Yet he always tries to get up and keep going.

Jesus struggles to His feet as well as He carries the cross of our sins. He falls yet He keeps on going. Again.

The Lord does not judge us for how many times we fall. He loves us as we keep on trying. We are human and sin is in our nature. But we are made from God and goodness is in our hearts & soul.


For just as through the disobedience of the one man
                                                                      the many were made sinners, so, 
                                          through the obedience of the one, the many will be made righteous.
Romans 5:19



As an adult, I often feel I should have conquered my weaknesses by now. I become discouraged when I'm confronted by the same problems over and over again. Sometimes I get weary. When I have health problems, I can become discouraged and depressed. Help me think of the cross you carried. Help me continue to hope that I can make the changes in my life I need to. You didn't give up. I can have the strength to get up again as well.




(All italicized quotes/prayers have been taken from www.catholic.org/prayers/stations)

No comments:

Post a Comment