Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Station Six: Veronica Wipes the Face of Jesus

Jesus, suddenly a woman comes out of the crowd. Her name is Veronica. You can see how she cares for you as she takes a cloth and begins to wipe the blood and sweat from your face. She can't do much, but she offers what little help she can.


I am not a miracle worker nor do I have all the money or time in the world. However I do try to help those around me the best I can. Sometimes it is simply opening the door for a struggling mother of 3 who has no free hands. Sometimes it is being a lector at church and reading the Lord's message to others. Other times it is a quick text or phone call to let a friend know I am thinking of them. Or often it is just taking a moment to listen to a stranger or friend.

Veronica can't offer much help to Jesus as His fate is nearing; yet she does the smallest of things she can do to help. Wiping away his blood & sweat. Minor acts of kindness to one can move mountains for another.

When we are kind to one another, we plant the seed of Jesus in ourselves as well as others. We don't have to move mountains to be kind or bring joy to others. We simply need to let kindness guide our lives and the rest will follow.



As an adult, I notice the needs around me. Sometimes my own family members crave my attention, and I don't even seem to notice. Sometimes a co-worker, friend, or family member could use help or understanding, but I don't reach out to help lest I be criticized, or that they demand more of me than I'd like to give. 



(All italicized quotes/prayers have been taken from www.catholic.org/prayers/stations)

No comments:

Post a Comment