Thursday, October 24, 2013

Spooky Tot's Arts & Crafts

Now that the temperature has dropped and inside play is heading our way, I decided that I better come up with a few activities to keep us both sane. So I got to Pinterest & blog stalking to find some Halloween and toddler friendly things for Adelaide & I to do. I love themes so using the various holidays as inspiration puts a smile on my face. Plus who doesn't love to get in the holiday spirit?!

First we decided to paint with pudding! My friend Elizabeth had written about how much fun her son Henry had with it and how edible it was for little creatures who still put things in their mouthes :) I grabbed some vanilla pudding (pre-made), black and red food coloring, and this cute little pumpkin tray. And we got to playing painting. I laid out the mat that we use under Adelaide's high chair to catch food because it can easily be hosed off. I took her pj's off because I thought what it cuter than a baby Picasso in a diaper! Then I put a few pieces of card stock out and let her do her thing.




I sort of made a whole morning of Halloween fun. We had pumpkin spice donuts & pumpkin chocolate chip bread for breakfast. Then I gave Adelaide her tricks & treats so that she could enjoy them during the next few weeks. Post painting I put her skeleton jammies on so we could cuddle weekend style with a touch of spook!

my little skeleton

no tricks, only treats!

treats from Mimi

Little People Halloween Haunted House

loving the pumpkin chocolate chip bread & her new pumpkin sippy cup


The next weekend I decided to get a little more crafty and do pumpkin faces. By crafty I mean I knew this would be a difficult task for Adelaide because she is only 13 1/2 months so following directions and glue sticks probably aren't the best combo. But nonetheless we got to putting the pre-cut black card stock shapes & faces onto orange plates to make pumpkins. A big thanks to Craftulate for this simple & cute idea.

She may or may not have been more interested in putting the paper in her mouth than the actual craft


I am really looking forward to the next few holidays & crafting with little Ms. Adelaide Jane! I love starting traditions and this is a great mommy/daughter one for us!


**For more toddler Halloween activities, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment