Wednesday, March 13, 2013

21 Days Later: Week One

So week one, day 7 is complete on my 21 Days Later custom program. I survived. And I am thirsty for more.



The routine was semi-difficult for me since I hate with a capital H running. The way my appendectomy scar healed causes a lot of scar tissue to sort of flare up while in a jogging motion. I usually always get a severe cramp which generally ends in excruciating pain. So when I saw loads of running post weight training I was less than thrilled. However I was able to move past the torture discomfort daily to successfully complete week one.



As for the weight training, I loved it. Lifting weights is the only time I can gain weight. I know what you are thinking...most people want to be losing weight. But when you have the worlds fastest metabolism and listen to others complaining that you are too skinny, it is always nice to gain muscle. Part of the pregnancy weight I gained was muscle from being so active, but due to motherhood I had lost quite a bit of that mass. I am happy to be on the road to toned and muscular again. Plus carrying Adelaide doesn't seem so daunting now!



Nutrition wise I have been extremely proud of myself. I did sneak one beer for the St. Patty's Day parade and two coffees...remember I have a six month old ;) But other than those two little guilty pleasures, I have stayed on track. Eating 5 to 6 times a day can pose a challenge mainly because I am used to taking care of this little person rather than myself; but I seem to have a good routine down for now.

exhibit A: green beer


The first few days I was exhausted from physical exertion & mentally staying on task which called for a few afternoon naps. But as a whole, I have definitely felt more energized and healthy.

Bring it week two!

No comments:

Post a Comment