Friday, February 1, 2013

The Beginning of the End...

...of a decade.

So today is February 1st. The first day of my favorite month. The month of pinks, purples, & reds. Of hearts, cupcakes, & love.

Not to mention my birthday month. And this year it is a B-I-G one. 18 days until I turn 30. Yes T-H-I-R-T-Y as in no longer in my twenties. Although I might secretly continue to put *29* on the eliptical because really who cares if I'm lying to the machine.

January was a bit of a drag. Always a let down after the holidays especially coming to absurdly frigid temperatures in New York from the glorious 80 degrees in Naples. Thank God for that weekend in Scottsdale.

But now that it is February, I am all smiles. Literally. Mainly because I have declared this my birthday month. Yep the whole 28 days are all mine. No really they are as I continue to badger remind Ryan. Basically anything that happens this month, I will be pulling the 30th birthday card. Yay for me!

I've got a great line-up of events marked on the calendar for the next 4 weeks. From dinners with friends to hubby/wife date nights to playtime with Adelaide to shopping in the city with my mom & sister to a family birthday dinner in Louisville to an all day spa package to Marquette & Matt's wedding in Nashville. I intend to get dolled up ('cause you know I have all of my outfits planned out of course), eat copious amounts of delicious food guilt-free (who am I kidding I never feel guilty about eating anything because life's too short), drink the best fine wine & champagne, and relish in the memories of my twenties.

So for the next 18 days, I plan to share one memory per day from the last 10 years. In no particular order; nor level of importance. I hope to be able to provide entertainment along memory lane and keep a light heart as I enter into another decade.

Please join me in toasting to where I've come from and where I'm a gonna go!



Memory One: Going on Tour with Ingram Hill


Ingram Hill


Allison Hamilton & I set off to tour with the band. Technically we were not groupies because we "knew" the band. Our first trip was to Chicago. We had lunch at The Cheesecake Factory where Aham left her wallet; when we went back to get it, we met Keith the waiter who was having a birthday party that evening. We would later find out that he was also a substitute teacher who thought it would be cool to play Black Eyed Peas "Let's Get Retarded" at recess while feeding the children paint. Needless to say, we aren't friends with him anymore. JL may or my not have had a traumatic ride on the Chicago L. The same delightful public transportation that Aham & I would later end up taking the wrong way to the airport. That weekend we sat VIP balcony style rocking out to Ingram Hill and Sister Hazel. Post concert I talked shit to Sister Hazel's lead singer and we were invited to any & every show basically. Our tour continued to Indy, Nashville, Memphis, etc. I met amazingly talented people and listened to great music. I find it important to note that had Allison & I not "gone on tour" with the boys then I would not have met one of the most positive and uplifting friends I have today: Mr. Jeff Brannon.

the one & only



Glad to know what started out as a college giggle fest turned into a cherished memory and amazing friendships.




No comments:

Post a Comment