Thursday, February 7, 2013

Memory (2000) Seven

Memory Seven: Buying a condo with Kendahl


2007 was a very odd year. To put it mildly. A whirlwind of change in my life. Some good; some bad. Looking back now, though, it was the beginning of something wonderful even through all of the pain.

A huge highlight for me was becoming a home owner with my sister, Kendahl. She had never lived on her own. I was just moving back from Miami. It was time for us both to take the plunge. We settled on a quaint two bedroom condo in a complex just off Hurstbourne Lane (a few miles from our parents' house). Around that time, Kendahl & Peter started dating so we had an instant moving boy. And a 3rd roomie.

Tinker & Beau became the best of friends playmates. Kendahl & I became more than sisters. More than roomates. We became best friends. It was a time where I needed her. I had always been used to being the older sister. The one who advised. The one who she leaned on. But during our time living in the condo, she took care of me. She was there to listen. To let me cry on her shoulder. To watch TV with me. To take me out on the town. And sometimes she was just there for me.

For that, I will be forever grateful. For that, I will be forever indebted to her.




No comments:

Post a Comment