Sunday, January 27, 2013

Snapshots on a Saturday

Despite the lack of photographic evidence (guess I was busy living and not snapping my camera), we actually had a busy week. Miss Adelaide and I were all about being social and making new friends/visiting old ones. Wednesday we attended a Play & Learn session at Gymboree. We sang songs, played with toys, and learned some basic baby skills. Thursday we took a drive up to New Haven, CT where we visited with my co-workers from the summer. Everyone took turns holding the little chunker and making her giggle. It was also great for me to catch up on office gossip and have real adult interaction. Friday morning we tried out the Bedford mommy & me group which consisted of an hour with 5 other moms and babies. It was really nice to let her roam and spit and poop and squeal while chatting with other new moms about mom problems. That evening we enjoyed a family sushi date in Briarcliff. Saturday we had a thrilling morning at the Ford dealership while our car got serviced. 4 hours of playtime in a 4x4 room. That was after I got glares and jersey talked for sporting my UK blue jeans. Super.

Here are the few pics that I did manage to snap...


the infamous activity mat that she is content eating...

oh yes that is right she thought it would be fun to flip onto her tummy while on her changing table

just the sweetest face ever

Mustang Adelaide

first sushi date with mom & dad



Lastly I wanted to share something with you. As we were driving up through Connecticut, I saw the most amazing billboard:


It reminded me of how strong a community can be especially in the face of adversity and tragedy. Awe-inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment