Tuesday, September 11, 2012

A Day at The Open

On Adelaide's one week birthday, I ventured out for a few hours to catch some tennis. At the US Open to be exact. With Flushing Meadows practically in our backyard and JP Morgan being a huge sponsor, we decided to take advantage of the opportunity. Ryan went several times to entertain clients and I made a girls day of it with my mom, Amanda, & Abbi. Don't worry, Adelaide stayed home with her nana! I may have texted several a thousand times throughout the day to check in on her. Paranoid mommy.



The weather was just warm enough without being too sunny/humid. We watched the finals of the mixed doubles, the Bryan Brothers in men's doubles, and the epic 5 setter between David Ferrer and Jarko Tipsarevic. We dined on delicious paninis and sipped Moet champage. All in all, a smooth and successful first day away from baby Adelaide.



I can't wait to share with her the importance that the US Open played in the first few days of her life. I will forever remember Kim Clijsters final match because it was when I was having my pre-induction ceremony. The day Adelaide was born we had a plethora of matches on TV to help pass the time until we met her. Her first few days and nights were filled with amazing tennis which she loved seeing while eating/being awake. And she will LOVE wearing her US Open pink t-shirt next year!

1 comment: