Friday, July 20, 2012

A Lesson in Child Birth



Terrifying. Simply terrifying. Watching 3 videos of a child coming out of a woman's wooha is disturbing. I could definitely give birth to this child without seeing the graphic-ness of the whole process. Thank you very much. But aside from the up, close, & personal look, we learned many useful tips and tricks as we prepare for labor & delivery. Plus I always love seeing the newborn babies in the nursery to remind me of what is coming so soon!

Here are a few things we learned:
  1. Eat, eat, eat prior to coming into the hospital as they do NOT feed you once you're there.
  2. Early labor does not mean rush into the hospital...active labor will not come for a few hours unless you have a turbo baby.
  3. Hee, hee, whooo will work so long as you, my hubby, are not all up in my face. If you choose to get within my personal space, you will most likely get knocked out.
  4. Water is your friend. From now until you give birth.
  5. We are as ready as we'll ever be to become real life parents. Bring it on!

Alright already-mommys and soon-to-be-moms, what did you learn from your child birth class and/or own birthing experience??!!

3 comments:

  1. Stay home as long as possible! All that happens once you get to the hospital is people poke and prod you every 5 minutes. Stay in your own house, and your own bed! We left when contractions were 4 mins apart...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My contractions were never at regular intervals... they don't prep you for that (or dealing with a hubby who thinks that means you're not in active labor, despite dilating to 6cm). Trust your body... you will know when it's time. And for me, the epidural was the BEST. THING. EVER. I slept during 5 of the last 7 hours of labor. With the epidural I still felt the labor (especially the pushing part), but it was pressure (very intense pressure, mind you), but not painful as it could have been. It's such a beautiful experience and just a sweet moment when you get to meet your little one. Try to enjoy. OH... I was 5 days late. That sucked for me, and I'm not nearly as Type-A as you are. Try to relax. Not easy, I know. ;) Good luck, Momma!!! You'll be great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have absolutely NO interest in watching any videos. Ignorance is bliss in my book. And if one more person tells me about their episiotomy or grade 4 tear, I might throw up. :)

    ReplyDelete