Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Weekend Treats: Mother's Day Edition

This past weekend could not have been more fabulous. The weather was beyond gorgeous with a pleasant mix of sun and warmth. Blue skies for miles finally allowed for some outdoor tennis, coffee & lunch on patios, use of our outdoor furniture, and dog walks around the hood for little Beau. Our schedule permitted relaxation, sleeping in, and hosting dinner for friends.

Saturday I played tennis with Jane and then headed to Briarcliff for a nice brunch on the patio. Beau and I read a little in the sun until it was time to get cooking. I spent 2 hours preparing for our dinner guests.




The Menu:





Apps- shrimp tarlets




Salad- spinach & strawberry with carmelized pecans

Entree- ranch breaded chicken breasts with roasted asparagus and almonds




Dessert- chocolate souflee


Lauren is our real estate agent and played a key role in us getting our house as well as helping make the transition to New York a smooth one. We had been trying to get together for months but with our busy schedules and our home improvement projects, it took awhile needless to say!

With her & her hubby Rick coming over, I had a perfect excuse to set the table using our china and have an adult meal in the dining room. We enjoyed appetizers, bourbon, and wine as Ryan guided them through the casa showing off all of the changes we'd  made. Then we sat down for a wonderful meal and amazing conversation. Rick is a history buff who gave us about 5 different vacation must do's from the Biltmore to Natchez, MS to Graycliff in the Bahamas. The history of each historical site coupled with the romantic settings made for an attentive audience. We also discussed Mad Men and the eras of the past with furious storytelling and roaring laughter. It really was a great evening!









Sunday Ryan took over the household duties making cinnamon rolls for breakfast and putting all of the dishes away from the previous evening.



a Swarovski pacifier to add to my collection :)


Then we attended the 12pm church service. It was a perfect message to capture motherhood, Jesus, and unconditional love.


Jesus said to his disciples:
"As the Father loves me, so I also love you.Remain in my love.If you keep my commandments, you will remain in my love,just as I have kept my Father"s commandmentsand remain in his love.""I have told you this so that my joy may be in youand your joy might be complete.This is my commandment: love one another as I love you.No one has greater love than this,to lay down one's life for one's friends.You are my friends if you do what I command you.I no longer call you slaves,because a slave does not know what his master is doing.I have called you friends,because I have told you everything I have heard from my Father.It was not you who chose me, but I who chose youand appointed you to go and bear fruit that will remain,so that whatever you ask the Father in my name he may give you.This I command you: love one another."

We grabbed a coffee and pastry treat from Moonbeam Cafe settling on the porch and chatting away. Then we strolled down the main street of Mt. Kisco stopping in shops to browse the sales and Mother's Day specials before having brunch at Cafe of Love. The food was amazing and the setting so quaint. We'll definitely be repeat customers.




Our weekend wouldn't be complete without a trip to Home Depot of course. But I got the last laugh when my Sunday night request was to snuggle up on the couch with pizza and the final episode of Desperate Housewives!

Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment