Thursday, May 24, 2012

Thoughts on a Thursday





Today I thought I would share some thoughts...on the topic of my adult pet peeves. Maybe it is my hormones or maybe it is my southern manners taking over; nonetheless I have been struck by annoyance lately at the following things.



  • When someone holds a door for you, the proper response is thank you. Two little words that make a world of difference. You know your parents probably taught you please and thank you as early as oh say 2 years old. My 2 1/2 year old nephew can say please and thank you. So can you.
  • When you get invited to a function, RSVP or Regrets Only. No one is too busy to make a 5 second phone call or shoot an email to someone. No one. I don't care if you have a child, a job, a house, a pet, a spouse, or a personal crisis. My mom raised 4 children, ran the household, spearheaded our advertising company, served on a plethora of charity boards, and attended every single activity of ours. She still managed to RSVP to events. If someone invites you to a special event in their life, it is because they find you to be significant or important to them. Show the same courtesy by simply RSVPing yay or nay.
  • Back to thank yous. If someone gets you a gift, you write them a thank you note. Probably not as promptly as I do (which is too quick), but in reasonable time. If you can accept a gift, you can thank the giver.
  • Directed at my loving husband, when there are only crumbs left in the cereal box, Triscuits, granola container, or any other thing that you consistently neglect to just throw away because you don't want to waste food, THROW IT AWAY!!!
  • To the foreign women and elderly man who have been sitting behind me in recent flights, please for the love of God lower your voices. The entire plane can hear you telling the guy next door about your life story and as interesting as it may be, it is not appropriate for a 7am flight on a Sunday morning. This little momma is trying to get her sleep on which she typically does well on an airplane when there is quite.
I think that is all for now. What are some of your pet peeves??



No comments:

Post a Comment