Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Talk Derby To Me

Ryan & I geared up for the 138th running of the Kentucky Oaks with my siblings. We had been talking about it for nearly a year and finally made it happen a few short weeks before May. With covered seats, we were shielded from the scorching sun and pouring rain. The price wasn't too shabby either.

fueling up for the day

the DeZarns

Tina & Shane

yummy to my tummy

the Collins

Ken, Amanda, & I

family :)

the Thompsons


We enjoyed a heavy breakfast at Wild Eggs to prep us for betting small and winning big ;) Then mom dropped us off at Churchill Downs, high school style. The boys had a few bourbons while the girls enjoyed chocolate-covered frozen cheesecake on a stick. Yummy! Kendahl & I walked the Longines Pink Carpet to show off our fashion to tennis great Steffi Graf and her fellow judges. Everyone won a little money which always makes betting more fun.

Churchill Downs


Go Ponies Go

paddock area

covered seats are key

pretty in pink

cigar lover


We finished up the night with a family dinner at Avalon. Lobster mac n' cheese, stuffed deviled eggs, strawberry & pecan salad, filet mignon, and chocolate truffle. Amazing.


Derby day was a bit more low key. Amanda & I hit up Pure Barre (ECoop would be so proud of me :) ) to tone up our bods after the food coma we had ensued from the previous day. Then I ran errands while Ryan took a bike ride around the Ville. We cleaned up and headed over to Tiffany & Ryan's for their annual Derby party. She is the cutest hostess, fancy pack and all :) We finished up the day watching the 138th Running of the KY Derby at the Thompsons followed by a delicious steak dinner complete with asparagus, derby pie, and bourbon balls.

backyard fun

Tiff & I



I'll Have Another was clearly the theme this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment