Friday, May 11, 2012

6 Months...aka the 3rd trimester

And so the 3rd leg of pregnancy began yesterday. To be honest, there have been moments, loads of them actually, in the past 6 months where I have felt anything but pregnant. I continue to think about how blessed I am for having such an easy pregnancy. No morning sickness. No health problems. No bed rest. No food cravings or inhibitions. No activities off limits. Sort of a walk in the park thus far if you ask me. In fact, I worked out for an hour yesterday then played 2 1/2 hours of tennis. No doubt this child will be active.

24 weeks!

my bump playing tennis :)


So as we approach the final stage before we find out if baby T is a boy or a girl, I wanted to make some notes on the fun stuff I've experienced on this journey to date.


  • you are my child as you move around in my belly like a busy body
  • and I'm thinking you will be a night owl because you love to kick me as I try to sleep
  • protein is a staple in your diet...as is chocolate
  • you dance when pop music comes on or I sing to Whitney Houston
  • yet you are calm as a cucumber when country is on
  • daddy felt you kick for the first time while we were flying to KY for Derby (I'm pretty sure he started crying in awe)
  • Bishop, your cousin, calls you baby and points at my tummy to talk to you
  • Aunt Kendahl is almost as excited to meet you as I am...she had been impatiently waiting for mommy to get pregnant for awhile now
  • Beau, your pseudo big brother, is very protective of us...he's not a fan of people coming close to you
  • Sammy already booked her flight up to watch you enter the world and Papa threatens he is staying for a month after you're born
  • Auntie Kara & Nana threw us a baby shower a few weeks ago...thanks to family & friends, I will be able to feed you, bathe you, and play with you
  • your nursery is complete minus your crib and hanging the letters of initials...sometimes I sit in the rocker and practice reading to you; I found this circus book that Mama Comley had personalized for me and it sits on the side table; I just know you're going to love it
  • I don't guess your gender because I don't want to think one thing then have it be different plus how am I supposed to know what a boy or girl feels like?! I've never been pregnant before. Duh. 
  • Team Girl has risen in the last few weeks and is pretty even to Team Boy (TG: Papa, Aunt Amanda, Abbi, Jane, Marybeth, Sammy; TB: Aunt Kara, Aunt Kendahl, Aunt Taylor, Nana, KK)
  • every fear that I had at the start of this journey has been overtaken by joy and excitement of meeting you, being a mom, sharing the world with you, teaching you, listening to you, holding you, smiling at you, you smiling at me, and loving you unconditionally

12 weeks and counting ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment