Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter Weekend Fun

Not too eventful for our standard weekend, but we enjoyed it nonetheless. Saturday included an afternoon of golfing. My first big girl course. I generally stick to Par 3 courses as not to diminish my confidence, but I'm a sucker for a good Groupon deal so we hit the links hard.

The Garrison sits on a gorgeous property overlooking the Hudson River and mountainous ranges. The 300 acre property houses 18 holes of tricky golf as well as The Grill, a 4-room Inn, and the renowned Valley restaurant.

teeing off

FORE!!!!

my nemesis

pro shop

see the river?

trickiest hole


Despite the windy terrain, we enjoyed our outing and I found that my golf game isn't all too bad...especially compared to the fellas playing in front of us.

Sunday we awoke to treats from the Easter bunny before heading to church. A packed house, we had to stand for the service. I kept rubbing my belly hoping someone would have mercy on the preggo. No one bit. The homily was wonderfully put with a metaphor using SNL and its ability to take a small stage and turn it into something so spectacular. Jesus too was working with a "small set" 2000 years ago yet managed  to make an impact on the world so large that we still celebrate Him today.

look what the Easter bunny brought...

post church with my baby bump :)


Post church, we rejoiced with a little Starbucks before Ryan had to work. I spent the afternoon running errands before joining Abbi & Paul for Easter dinner at Moderne Barn. They're my pseudo parents here in Westchester County, and they really are fabulous. Abbi has been so welcoming to me on and off the tennis court. And Paul has demanded that I call them at any hour of the day/night should I need anything. They consider me their 5th child. The atmosphere was serene yet hip. The meal was delicious. Starting with the Nonna Meatballs followed by the Lobster Cobb Salad finished with the Chocolate Hazelnut Torte.


Moderne Barn


An amazing way to rejoice in the rising of Jesus Christ! How did you celebrate our Savior?

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dress! You look so cute with your bump! xoxo

    ReplyDelete