Friday, March 9, 2012

The Lucky One: A Book Review



Nicholas Sparks is one of the most talented writers. Not just because he has hundreds of books or books made into movies. But because the way he writes captivates his audiences so much that they feel the experience of the characters. He has love and life down to a fine science. I have yet to come across one of his pieces that I haven't salivated over. I just can't seem to put his books down.

When I saw the preview for the upcoming film The Lucky One, I knew I had to scoop the book first. I love comparing book to movie when presented the opportunity. So I decided to pick it up (along with a few other NS novels) and got to reading. I finished it in 4 days. I just had to find out what happened in the end!

I don't want to spoil the movie for you so I'll leave out the plot line from my description. (Should you want to be informed of the basic, click here.) But to captivate you, think of a time when you believed something or someone was a lucky charm. Someone who kept you safe from harm. Then think about your life and all of the pieces that have fit together to make you who you are and have you where you are today. Mix 'em together, add a little spice, and you've got The Lucky One.

Check it out at your local Barnes & Noble before the film comes out!
**For a store near you, click here.


And if you want a sneak peek into the novel, click here to read the first 3 chapters...

No comments:

Post a Comment