Thursday, January 12, 2012

Our New House


Our New House
 Since we have officially signed our contract and put the downpayment down, I finally feel comfortable revealing a few pics of what will be our new house. While it was a bit of a strenuous process for a newly wed couple, we thoroughly enjoyed looking at all of the different homes around Westchester County and Connecticut. There was something amazing about the charm of an old home built in the 1800's or the ornate decor of a family's humble abode. We certainly learned a lot about decorating styles too. The do's and the don'ts! And there is an incredibly unique feeling to be able to purchase a new home together.

The house is situated in the town of Ossining (right on the Crotonville border), county of Westchester, and state of New York. All very high tech terms when dealing with a contract so I learned. The county makes a U/V shape with the Hudson River on the left hand side, Manhattan at the southern point, and the CT border on the right hand side. We are situated on the northern part of the Hudson. There are several "river towns" and each has a quaint downtown area.



As for space, we are going from 900 square feet (condo in SF) to 5400 square feet. We will literally be swimming in space. I can.not. wait. To actually have them put boxes in separate rooms instead of in the middle of the condo because it is one, big, open area seems like a dream come true! It is a 4 bedroom, 2 full bath, 2 half-bath (which we will be converting one of them into a full bath). It has a formal living room, a dining room, an office, a family room, a two-room basement, and a bonus room. The house sits on .5 acres which doesn't sound like much but looks like a plethora of backyard. There is a gorgeous deck and ground level patio fit for entertaining. It is fully fenced in which means baby Beau is free to roam the property at his leisure. In fact, he will be living large in the mudroom equipped with his own bay window. He certainly lives the life.

Aside from changing some of the wall colors (i.e. I love Miami Hurricanes, but I don't want my basement painted in my alma mater's colors ;) ) and getting the carpet cleaned, we don't have much to do before moving in. And theoretically, we are move in ready and can do the changes as we go. I am so excited to put my pintrest finds to work!!! Oh and actually get my furniture into the house because Lord knows I have been buying pieces here and there ;)

So without further adieu, here is a link to our new home!

2 comments:

  1. sooo beautiful!!! Congrats :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I can feel your excitement, dear! :) For me, decorating is the best part of moving into a new house. I love adding my personal touch to each and every part of my home. The living room is my fave spot to decorate aside from the bedrooms of course. How 'bout you?

    Rebecca Stratton

    ReplyDelete