Tuesday, December 13, 2011

New Years Eve: Cinema


It's no secret that I adore movies. Ever since childhood, I have loved a good film. And basically I deem all films good because they allow me to escape reality and generally move me to some great life realization. What can I say, I am an imaginator.

So when Valentine's Day, NYE's sister film, came out back in 2010 it was a must see for us. With an at-large cast of big name celebs and a generic title, many were skeptical of its ability to "perform under pressure." It did. It exceed any and all expectiations and rose above the critics. I'm happy to report that New Year's Eve passed the test too.



 The plot has each character intertwined a la Crash as they all navigate their way through the last day of 2011 and into the new year. With a variety of characters, (i.e. recluse secretary Ingrid (M. Pfeiffer), teenage runaway Hailey (A. Breslin), rockstar Jensen (Bon Jovi), and smug ailing Stan (DeNiro)) the amount of sarcasm and sincerity is just right. While the beginning is a tad slow and offers more calculated funnies than I prefer, the middle will inspire and move you. And the ending will put a smile on your face.

The flick is worth seeing for a casual date night as we too gear up for a new year. This movie just might be what you're looking for going into 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment